RUN FOR SOMETHING MENTORSHIP DIRECTORY
All mentors have agreed to devote some time to helping you.
Once you find a mentor you want to chat with, use this form to request a meeting or scroll to the bottom of the page.
You can sort the below directory in two important ways.
- To find someone with expertise in a particular area of campaigns, just click "FILTER" then "EXPERTISE" -- then pick a department. Not sure which department to find? We've included a key to the different jargon below.
- To find someone with experience in your state, click "FILTER" then "STATES" and pick your state.
Want to read their full bio? Just click on their card and you'll get all the details.Want to read their full bio? Just click on their card and you'll get all the details.
Here is how this works:
- You submit a request for a meeting (you can submit 2 people at once in case one is not available). Please include your questions for the mentor as detailed as possible so they can prepare.
- Our mentor concierge Sarah Musiker (firstname.lastname@example.org) will email you connecting you to your requested mentor
- Sarah will make sure you find a good time to chat with the mentor. Please remember these mentors are very excited to talk to you but also very busy, please try to work with the times suggested by Sarah.
- The mentor will call you day of and you will chat
A KEY TO CAMPAIGN EXPERTISE - what to search for depends on what you want to know...
VOTER CONTACT: data, how to know who to talk to & when
FIELD: canvassing, phone banking, organizing volunteers
CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT: general campaign strategy; team building; how to hire; who to hire; misc
COMMS: messaging, speechwriting, talking to press, top-line strategy, polling, advertising
DIGITA: social media, websites, email, branding, design, logos, how to use the internet to organize
TECH: websites, internet security, online tools you can use, questions about democratic technology
GRASSROOTS $: how to raise money from small dollar donors
MAJOR DONOR $: how to raise money from major donors, how to ask for money in real life
POLICY: policy questions!